Every month we’re sitting down with a member of the Velez Managed Services team and asking them a series of questions so you can get to know them better! This month’s Feature Friday is our Salesforce Developer, Shaan Khokhar!
1. What is your role at Velez?
2. What does your typical workday involve? (day to day duties)
My days vary but they tend to be quite busy. On the days I work at home, I try to create goals at the beginning of the day to achieve on projects I am working on, whilst reading my emails. Often, I must do quite a bit of testing on projects that I am currently working on. My projects often vary with some of them being not too advanced to some of them being very advanced, I have to prioritize them depending on how urgent they are.
3. What do you enjoy most about your role at Velez?
What I enjoy most about my role at Velez is how different each day is, the work is often fast paced, and all the tasks provide a new experience. Not only that but the team I work with create such a fantastic atmosphere, and it’s a real pleasure to work with them.
4. What motivates you at work?
My motivation is that the work I do can provide some real change across the company, it encourages me to ensure at the beginning of the day I am filled with energy to know that I am making a difference.
1. Do you have any hidden talents?
I am pretty open, so I am not sure if I have any but perhaps, they are hidden too well, and I can’t see them either.
2. What do you enjoy doing at the weekend?
I enjoy doing a lot at the weekend, especially on the social side. I just love to experience the atmosphere you get with people and I also love being able to adventure out, if I can, I enjoy visiting different places far or close.
3. What’s the best place you have visited?
I have been lucky enough to visit many places all around the world, they have all been great experiences, with all the different cultures, food and people I’ve got to meet and see. So, it’s very difficult, but I have to say it was when I was cruising on
Oasis of the Seas, a cruise ship, back in 2014 – I met some of the most fantastic people and experienced such amazing things. It was one of the holidays, I’ll never forget.
4. If you could learn to do anything what would it be?
I’ve learnt so much so far in my life, and I always want to keep learning new things, but if I could learn one thing, I would want to learn how to play an instrument.
5. If you won the lottery what is the first thing you would do or buy?
The first thing I would love to invest in is stocks.
6. What 3 items would you take with you to a deserted island?
I’d bring a swiss army knife, water, and a survival book for a deserted island
7. What is your favourite tv show?
My favourite tv show is between two, The Expanse and Lucifer. Both are excellent tv shows that are worth a watch.
8. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oh dear I definitively think it would drive me insane but I’d say shoot to thrill by AC/DC
9. What do you like to eat? Favourite food?
My favourite food would likely be curry. I like a family recipe of chicken tikka which nothing can compete with.
10. Do you have a motto or personal mantra?
There’s always a solution to any problem, it might not be easy but sometimes the best choices aren’t the easiest, so you’ve got to choose what you thinks right.